First-team chef Sean Kyle's latest dish presented to supporters so they can get creative in lockdown is one full of protein.
This dish is all about the protein quality, with the cod, buckwheat, edamame beans and soya sauce containing all the essential amino acids. It is an excellent source of manganese and magnesium and a good source of selenium, niacin, folate, iron, zinc, copper and phosphorus. It is also rich in phytochemicals and it the bonus is that this dish is gluten free.
- 140g Cod
- 70g Buckwheat
- 20g Kale
- 1 Stock cube (chicken or fish)
- 20mls Rapeseed oil `
- 1 (tsp) Curry powder
- 15g Flaked almonds
- 40g Soy and dame beans
- 20g Onion
- Soy sauce (light)
- In a pan bring 400mls of water to the boil. Add the buckwheat and stock cube, and bring back to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to a simmer for twenty minutes until cooked.
- Once it’s cooked strain and mix in the dame beans.
- Take half the oil and add the curry powder to make a marinade for the cod, before rubbing it into the fish well.
- Start to cook the fish presentation side down in a hot pan.
- In a separate pan cook the diced onion with a pinch of salt and the rest of the oil.
- Once soft, add the soy sauce and the buck wheat mix. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- The fish should also now be ready to turn. Add the almonds to this pan and lightly toast, then remove pan from the heat.
- Blanch the kale in boiling water and start to plate your dish